Ann Sudmalis, Federal Member for Gilmore has welcomed the signing of contracts of the Public Pool refurbishments in Jamberoo.
“The Deed of Agreement has been signed between the Coalition Government and Kiama Municipal Council for this important local project,” said Mrs Sudmalis.
“The Coalition promised Jamberoo a refurbished area, new fencing and a great two way amenities block so the sporting fields benefit too, it is terrific to know that this promise will be delivered.”
The full scope of the $500,000 project will include;
- Demolishing the existing amenities block and slab
- Construction of a pre-fabricated amenities block, that will have at least two changing areas, two standard toilets, two ambulant toilets, one multiple urinal, one universal access toilet and shower and two showers
- Upgrading the pool deck
- Installing a mobility assist pool entry chair
- Installing at least 2 outdoor showers
- Installing at least one shade shelter
- Installing an accessible ramp and footpath
- Removing the old fencing and replacing it, including at least two gates and two turnstiles
- Installing at least 4 and refurbishing at least 3 picnic tables
“This project should be complete before the next summer swimming season and will be a great sporting hub for our local children, visitors and team competition,” said Mrs Sudmalis.
Local resident and business owner Elizabeth Burnett was happy to hear of the Government’s commitment and was looking forward to the completed project and social benefits.
“Jamberoo pool is really well-used and a focal point of our village. This Federal grant will enable everyone in our great little community to access and enjoy this free public facility,” said Mrs Burnett.
Mrs Sudmalis said she was proud to have won the project for the local community and proud to be seeing it through to completion.
“The Coalition Government invests in local projects because we understand Australia is made of more than big infrastructure projects,” she said.
“While the Coalition is investing in the project, the Kiama Municipal Council is managing the project delivery.”